About the Department
The Office of the Town Clerk maintains the Town’s official records, provides support for the Town Council, and manages the Town’s liquor license and permits.
2020 Election - Municipal Candidate Information and Results:
Annual renewal applications for the 2021-2022 liquor license year are due back to the Town before Thursday, December 10, 2020!
The Town Council adopted Ordinance 1245 which updated Jackson Municipal Code Title 6 - Liquor Licenses and Permits.
Application - Use this application for a new year-round liquor license or to transfer a current liquor license. (105 pages)
24-Hour Liquor Permit Application - Use this application to apply for a temporary permit to provide alcohol and/or malt beverages at an event. This application is used for the Catering Permit (beer, wine, & spirits), Malt Beverage Permit (beer only), Malt Beverage Permit for a Microbrewery (for Breweries), or a Manufacturer’s Off-Premises Permit (for Manufacturer’s only).
Request Public Records:
Town of Jackson public records requests are administered by Wyoming State Statues Title 16 Article 4. "Public records" when not otherwise specified, includes any information in a physical form created, accepted, or obtained by a governmental entity in furtherance of its official function and transaction of public business, which is not privileged or confidential by law.
Pursuant to The Public Records Act of 2019, the Town Council named the Town Clerk as the designated public records person, with designees being:
- Municipal Court – Municipal Court Clerk
- Planning and Building Department – Planning Office Manager
- Police Department – Lieutenant to the Chief of Police
- Legal Department – Paralegal / Lead Legal Secretary
How to Submit a Request:
- In writing to the Town Clerk located in the Town Hall at 150 East Pearl Avenue
- In writing to a Designee listed above, all of which are located in the Town Hall at 150 East Pearl Avenue
Helpful Hints on Crafting a Request:
- Be as descriptive, specific, and thorough as possible.
- Include specific dates, event name(s), and topic(s). If a broad topic is your request, please narrow down the specifics of what you are looking for, include a date range, etc.
- Include the types of records you are requesting. For example, Town Council meeting minutes, public correspondence to Council, agreements or contracts, reports, ordinances, resolutions, licenses or permits, boards or committees, etc.
The more detailed your request is, the better we can serve you! If you have questions about public records requests, please contact the Town Clerk.