Residential Permit Application
A residential building permit is required in the Town of Jackson to construct any new one and two family dwellings, residential additions, residential remodels, and other improvements in order to assure that the construction is consistent with building codes and other applicable regulations.
What Requires a Permit
It is unlawful for any person to construct, reconstruct, alter or change the use of any building or other structure within the town limits without obtaining a building permit. The plans of and for the proposed erection, construction, reconstruction, alteration or use must fully conform to the zoning regulations, subdivision regulations and building regulations then in effect.
A Residential Building permit is required for:
- Decks over 200 square feet in area or more than 30 inches above grade at any point or that are attached to a dwelling
- New one and Two Family dwellings
- One-story detached accessory structures over 200 square feet
- Removal or construction of new interior walls regardless if structural or not
- Residential alterations and repairs
- Residential building additions
- Retaining walls over 4 feet in height, measured from the bottom of the footing, shall be engineered by a Wyoming licensed engineer
Permits are not required for fences. However, please refer to the Land Development Regulations regarding fencing standards.
To prevent unnecessary delays in the review process, it is important to submit all required plans and documentation for a residential building permit. Please submit an application packet with the following items:
- Email application packet to email@example.com
- All plan sheets must be stapled and wet stamped by a licensed Wyoming Architect or Engineer (if applicable)
- Completed permit application (applicants guide to submittal materials included)
- Letter of Authorization (this is required when the applicant is not the owner)
Addendum Submittal Process
An addendum submittal is required when information needs to be clarified or modified during the construction process which differs from the original approved set of plans. Please submit the following items:
- Email revised sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary Page/transmittal of the changes and page numbers where changes are shown.
- Changes must be clouded
- Addendum Building Permit Application