The purpose of a development plan is to publicly review proposed development for consistency with the land development resources (LDRs) at a final level of detail prior to submission of building permit or plat documents.
When Is this Required?
A Development plan is required for physical development that exceeds the thresholds for project size or number of units specified in each zone district.
- How Long: Up to 150 days after application deemed sufficient
- Who Decides:
- Recommendation: Planning Commission
- Final Decision: Town Council
- Your project will be reviewed by several departments in addition to planning, so when drafting your project description/narrative please provide as much detail pertaining to existing site conditions (i.e. lot size, existing development, etc.) and proposed physical changes (i.e. scale of development, building height, FAR, and affordable housing). In addition, you will be tasked with detailing how the proposed project is consistent with numerous physical development standards found within the zoning district for which the project is located.
- Housing Mitigation Calculator
- Housing Mitigation Plan Checklist (PDF)
- When submitting plans (i.e. site plans, floor plans and elevations), be sure that all plans are dimensioned and to-scale.
- The Notarized Letter of Authorization is needed when the Applicant is not the the owner of the property.
How to Apply
A pre-application conference is required prior to submittal of sketch plan. An environmental analysis and a neighborhood meeting (PDF) may be required. Applications must be submitted within 1 year of pre-application conference.
Please submit an application packet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
(Your Planner will discuss with you when paper copies are due for the Planning Commissioners)
- Application Fee: To pay the fee via credit card (visa, master card, discover) call 307-733-0440 X 1302
- Application Form (PDF)
- Items Identified in Pre-Application Conference Summary Checklist
- Notarized Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Provide response to findings for Development Plan – 8.3.2 C
- Housing Mitigation Plan
- Other Pertinent Information
The development plan fees are $3,005.