Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Jackson/Teton County Recreation Center is scheduled to undergo renovations and will be CLOSED from Monday, March 25, 2019 through Sunday, May 5, 2019.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as the aquatic slide gets repaired, the lobby and locker rooms are renovated and expanded.
For more information please contact 307-739-9025.
The Recreation Center Project Includes:
• Renovation and expansion of administrative offices
• Renovation of the front desk area, the vestibule, lobby area and hallway
• Renovation of the family locker rooms, men’s and women’s locker rooms
• Repair work to the swimming pool slide
• Taking down the waterfall to prepare for future water features
• Replacement of the dome on top of the umbrella (mushroom) water feature
• Exterior repair and improvements
The project’s budget is $2.2 million, which includes funding from the 2017 SPET (Specific Purpose Excise Tax) vote and funds from additional 2010 SPET funds.
Recreation Staff Still Working Hard Throughout the Project
The Parks and Recreation Team will be working during the closure. We will continue to have the Front Desk Operations in place Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm.
We will also have the department staff working on projects such as painting, building office furniture, cleaning, and preparing for the opening of the facility.
Looking Forward to the Opening
The Recreation Center is scheduled to reopen on Monday, May 6th, but there will be a "soft opening" on Saturday, May 4th for the Annual Health Fair that will be hosted in the facility. The Parks and Recreation crew is working closely with the St. Johns Medical Center for the Health Fair.
This year the Health Fair will be held on Saturday, May 4th in the Recreation Center Gymnasium from 8am to noon. This will also be an opportunity for the community to come in and see all the changes to the facility prior to our opening on May 6, 2019.
Programming Still Taking Place
Parks and Recreation is still offering some programs during the closure at different locations in the Jackson area:
• HIIT, Core & More, and Mountain Mobility will be held at Studio 5 at the Dancers Workshop from 4/8 - 5/3.
• Refit & REV+Flow will be held at the First Baptist Church from 4/3 to 5/3
• Aqua Fit Classes will be held at the Parkway Inn Pool from 3/25 to 5/3
• Tae Kwon Do will be held at the County Fair Building on Fridays from 3:30 to 6:30pm
• The After School Program will continue during the closure at JES and Munger Elementary.
• We will be conducting registration for Summer Camp during the closure.
For more information check out our web site at tetonparksandrec.org or call 307-739-9025