The Jackson Town Council met 2 times on Monday, March 22: a 1:30pm Workshop. and a 6:00pm Regular Meeting. The following article provides a summary of the actions taken at these meetings. The meetings were both open to the public and both meetings allowed for public comment.
March 22, 2022
- Council approved the conceptual design of the Vine Street Complete Street Project, utilizing design Alternative #3, and direct staff to take the concept to final design.
- Council approved 5% sales and use tax growth rate for FY23.
March 22, 2022
- The consent calendar was approved including the March 7, 2022 regular meeting minutes, disbursements, February Municipal Court Report, P22-041: JH Travel and Tourism Temp Sign, Core Services Fleet Maintenance Facility Contract, and the Art Fair, EcoFair, and Porsche Picnic special events.
- Council designated Bank of Jackson Hole and Rocky Mountain Bank as official depositories for the Town of Jackson for 2022.
- Council approved the attached Encroachment Agreement between Glenwood JH, Inc. and the Town of Jackson.
- Council approved the special event application made by the Jackson Hole Children’s Museum for the 2022 Touch-a-Truck event.
- Council directed staff to prepare a combined application for Town Employee Housing projects as outlined in the amount of $20M and an application for Walkable Community and Pedestrian Access Projects in the amount of $3M
- Council directed staff to present how the process may proceed to increase the SPET from 1% to 1.5% when discussed with the County throughout the upcoming ballot review process.
- Council directed staff to: 1) begin remodeling the garden level space at the Geitmann Larson Swift building into offices; 2) finalize and issue the RFQ for childcare services to be provided in the east side of Si Ferrin as an initial phase, review vendors, and bring back a contract for Council review at a future Council Meeting; and 3) once remodeling is complete at GLS, expand childcare into the west side of Si Ferrin, such that the entire Si Ferrin first floor is ultimately used for childcare services, both during the day and during evening Town Council meetings.
- Council approved Subdivision Plat (P21-246) for a 5-lot townhouse subdivision for the property addressed at 10 E. Simpson.
- Council approved Alternative A for the Willow Street portion and Alternative C for the Snow King Avenue portion of the Willow Streets Safe Routes project and directed staff to implement the project in spring 2022.
- Council approved Ordinance C: Definition of Family on third reading.
- Council approved Ordinance G: Rural Amendment on second reading.
- Council continued the first reading of Ordinance H: Height Amendment to the April 11 special meeting.
- Council approved Ordinance F: Updating Council Salaries on first reading.
- The Town Manager’s Report contained an update on Bar and Grill Liquor Licenses and a Pre-Application Conference Request from the Good Sarmatian Mission.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com
under the Agendas & Meeting button.
The next scheduled Town Council meetings:
Special Joint Information Session
Special Town Council Meeting
Special Town Council Workshop
Town Council Workshop
Town Council Meeting