▪ Escort your younger children while trick or treating.
▪ Set a specific time for your child/children to be out.
▪ Always know who is trick-or-treating with your children.
▪ Instruct children to Never enter any homes.
▪ Inspect all treats before allowing children to eat them.
▪ Only give out commercially wrapped candy.
▪ Place reflective tape or glow-sticks on costumes.
▪ Do not trick-or-treat alone.
▪ Do not take short cuts through alleys and buildings.
▪ Stay on the sidewalks when possible.
▪ Never approach someone in a car who is offering candy.
▪ Look both ways when crossing streets
▪ Trick-or-Treat at houses that have porch lights on or are well lit.
▪ Wait until you get home before eating treats.
▪ Have a blast!
▪ Drive slowly and use extra caution.
▪ Look for children in the street and crossing the street between parked vehicles.
▪ Be extra careful entering and exiting driveways
▪ Avoid extra distractions such as cell phones, (they’re illegal to use while driving anyway).
▪ Use headlights at all times.
▪ Use a designated driver if you have been drinking.