On January 22, 2019 the Jackson Town Council held two public meetings: a 3:00pm Workshop and a 6:00pm Regular Evening Meeting at the Town Hall. The following is an overview of the Town Council actions taken during these meetings.
Town Council Workshop
January 22, 2019
- Mayor Muldoon introduced two new employees: Bill Knight and Pablo Vazquez, both START Bus Teton Valley Commuter drivers
- The Council heard and then continued the item for failed identification compliance checks at Flat Creek Development Company to their regular February 4th meeting.
- Staff was directed to begin public outreach by contacting the neighborhood and the community regarding design of the sidewalk for East Hansen Avenue between Cache Street and Redmond Street, to look at different designs that incorporate different buffer widths and bring it back for subsequent Council discussion about timing and how it fits in the Capital Improvement Plan and the Department of Public Works workload.
Town Council Evening Meeting
January 22, 2019
- Police Officer Phillip Smith was awarded the Police Medal of Merit by Chief Smith and received a Proclamation of Commendation by Mayor Muldoon. Watch this online! http://jacksonwy.swagit.com/play/01222019-2346 under Item I - after the Pledge of Allegiance
- Meeting minutes and disbursements were approved as presented.
- The special event for the 2019 Special Olympics Winter Games in Wayne May Park was approved.
- A Temporary Sign Permit was approved for the Patriotic Color Run 5K.
- The Council continued items P18-208: Snow King Planned Resort District Master Plan Amendment and the Town Council Letter of Comment to U.S. Forest Service on Snow King Resort Master Plan to a special Council meeting on January 29 at 6:00 p.m.
- A Conditional Use Permit and Administrative Adjustment for Dusty Acres Apartments at 1024 Gregory Lane was approved. (P18-274 -323)
- A Conditional Use Permit for St. John’s Medical Center at 555 E. Broadway Avenue was approved. (P18-301)
- The applicant requested an indefinite continuation of the Zoning Map Amendment for 135 & 175 East Broadway Avenue (Genevieve block).
- The Council approved Ordinance S (#1206): An Ordinance Amending and Reenacting Section 1 of Town Ordinance 1074 (part) and Division 4.4 Planned Unit Development Zones to Add Section 4.4.2.h.7 of the Town LDRs, for a Neighborhood Medium Density-2 Zone (Glenwood project P17-201) at third reading.
- The Council approved Ordinance T (#1207: An Ordinance Amending and Reenacting Section 2 of Town Ordinance 1074 (part) and the Town’s Official Zoning District Map to Change the Current Zoning of Land Addressed at 640 & 650 S. Glenwood Street to Planned Unit Development – Neighborhood Medium Density-2 (P17-201) at third reading.
- The Council approved Ordinance U (#1208): An Ordinance Amending and Reenacting Section 12.16.030 of the Jackson Municipal Code Providing Law Enforcement Jurisdiction at the Jackson Hole Airport at third reading.
- Matters from the Mayor and Council included: travel approval for any Councilor to attend the WAM Winter Conference in Cheyenne; direction to staff to advertise for an opening on the Board of Health to be appointed by the Town Council; direction to staff to explore waiving late fee payments on sewer and water bills with a finite number attached to it, and to work with Teton County, or ourselves only, on a shared potluck for federal employees; the appointment of Jim Stanford to the Steering Committee for the new Preservation Strategies Clan (formed to develop a set of recommendations on addressing critical preservation issues, as presented by Michael Stearn); and to provide $2,000 to TravelStorysGPS for the Jackson Hole in Mandarin Pilot Program, looking to staff to ensure that this amount exists in the appropriate budget line item.
- The Town Managers report contained an update on sales and lodging tax, that a request to increase the number of full-time bus drivers will be in the FY20 Budget, and a franchise agreement with Century Link.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.