News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/13/2019 4:02:47 PM to 4/1/2019 12:00:01 AM.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
[ARCHIVED] WINTER DRIVING TIPS
- Make sure your vehicle is in good working order.
- Make sure your tires are in good condition. We recommend snow tires but all-season tires will do.
- Keep warm clothes or blankets in the car in case of emergency.
- Keep extra food and water in the car in case of emergency.
- Check weather and road conditions. When possible, stay home in extreme weather conditions.
- Keep your windows clear and free of ice and snow.
- Most importantly…SLOW DOWN. Neither 4 wheel drive, anti-lock brakes or snow-tires will allow you to stop and avoid collisions if you're traveling too fast. Look ahead, plan ahead, and take it easy on the brakes. Give yourself plenty of room to stop.