Town Council Actions
July 1 - Town Council Meeting
July 1 and July 2 - Special Joint Information Meetings
For your information, the following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken at their joint meetings with the County and regular meeting:
Special Joint Information Meeting
• The Council and Commission continued the Affordable Workforce Housing Annual Fee Update, the 3590 N. Kennel Lane-Sally Rains Subdivision item, and the Ratification of the START Service Funding Formula for JHMR/TVA to the August joint meeting.
Special Joint Information Meetings
July 1 and July 2
• The Specific Purpose Excise Tax (SPET) was discussed at length and continued to a special joint meeting on July 15.
Town Council Evening Meeting
• All agenda items for the Town Council pertaining to St. John’s Medical Center were continued to the July 15 meeting.
• Our new Community Service Officer, Ashley Brimeyer was introduced by the Mayor. Summer legal interns Alex DiMeglio and Griffin Hay, and summer police intern Austin Weber were introduced by the Mayor.
• The Council approved meeting minutes and disbursements as presented
• Special Events were approved for the Lions Club 4th of July Breakfast and PARK(ing) Day.
• A temporary sign permit was approved for Thin Air Shakespeare
• Malt Beverage Permits were issued to Snake River Brewing and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.
• A grant application to WYDOT TAP was approved for planning funds for Scott Land and Maple Way ADA/Bike/Pedestrian Improvements.
• The Encroachment Agreement for 785 Snow King Drive was approved.
• The Council approved the Sketch Plan and Administrative Adjustment at 165 and 185 N. Glenwood for a 29-unit condominium (P19-097, -098, 099).
• A resolution designating a public records contact person for the Town and joint agencies was adopted.
• Four Ordinances that repeal sections of Jackson Municipal Code Title 5 were approved and will be effective on July 3rd. The sections repealed are 5.12.070, 5.12.150, 5.21.100, and 5.52.030 all dealing with business licenses.
• The Council directed staff to sponsor the Central Wyoming College Teton Pow Wow in the amount of $5,000.
• The Town Managers report contained an update on the Citizens Mountain Unit, Employee Housing Plans for this winter, and the September WAM Region 5 meeting.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.