Town Council Actions
Monday, December 16, 2019
The Jackson Town Council met twice on Monday, December 16, 2019. At 3:00pm they held a regular workshop meeting and at 6:00pm they met again for a regular evening meeting.
Below are the outcomes from these meetings.
Town Council Workshop
Monday, December 16
• The Council directed staff to begin implementation of the short-term action items in the Downtown Parking & Mobility Management Plan.
• A conceptual design was approved for portions of King Street and Gill Avenue related to the Complete Street Design Program.
Town Council Evening Meeting
Monday, December 16
• A Proclamation was read recognizing Wyoming Women’s Suffrage Day.
• New police officers were introduced – Heidi Schmidl and Roy Mann.
• The Council approved meeting minutes and disbursements as presented.
• A Temporary Sign Permit was approved for US Fish & Wildlife Service Feathered Friday.
• Updates to the Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy were approved for DOT-FTA, DOT-FMCSA, and Drug Free Workplace.
• A Temporary Law Enforcement Mutual Aid Assistance Agreement Memorandum of Understanding with the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office for airport assistance was approved.
• The Council approved 2020 Rodeo dates and an amendment to the Rodeo Concession agreement with Jackson Hole Rodeo.
• The Elk’s Bingo license was renewed for 2020.
• The Council approved a Partial Vacation of Plat removing the FAR information related to 675 East Kelly Avenue.
• A Partial Vacation without Replat at 990 West Broadway was approved.
• The Council reviewed and discussed amendments to the Snow King Master Plan and continued the matter to their January 6th meeting.
• Planning item P19-229 Amendment to Teton Village Master Plan was continued to the February 3rd meeting.
• Planning item P19-187 Text Amendment to LDR Section 8.10 was continued to their February 18th meeting.
• Ordinance K passed third reading to grant a franchise to CenturyLink.
• Ordinance M passed second reading to annex 1150 Highway 22 into the corporate limits of the Town.
• Ordinance L regarding updates to the liquor license municipal code was continued to January 6th.
• Three members were appointed to the Design Review Committee – Danny Wicke, Mary McCarthy, and Mary Beth Coyne.
• The Town Managers report contained an update on sales and lodging tax, START Bus staffing, and Police Department training at Town Hall.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.