Typically each spring three events take place: JH Rotary Spring Clean-Up, Residential Yard Waste Collection, and the Spring Burn Week. There are some changes taking place this year due to COVID19.
2020 Spring Residential Yard Waste Collection Program - CANCELLED
Due to COVID-19 and the necessity of Town and County to utilize financial resources on essential core services, this program has been cancelled for the Spring of 2020. We look forward to this program returning in the Fall and individuals are still able to perform necessary yard work. Free paper yard waste bags will not be available this spring. There will be no curbside residential yard waste pick up this spring. There will be no residential yard waste drop off at the Fairgrounds this spring. There will be no free residential yard waste disposal at the Teton County Transfer Station this spring.
For those wishing to perform residential yard waste clean up, please note that paper yard waste bags can be purchased at local hardware stores. Residential yard waste can be disposed of at the Teton County Transfer Station for a fee. Individuals planning on disposing of yard waste at the Teton County Transfer Station are encouraged to call the transfer station prior to disposal at (307) 733-7678. Employees at the Transfer Station can provide additional information about disposal fees, hours of operation, payment methods and disposal protocols.
2020 Annual Rotary Spring Community Clean-Up - MODIFIED
Each year the Jackson Hole Rotary Lunch Club organizes a community spring clean up event. In past years volunteers have gathered at various locations throughout the Town and County to obtain plastic orange trash bags, get reflective orange safety vests, and receive road-side clean up assignments. The clean up will still take place. Below are the modifications for the spring of 2020.
- On Sunday May 3, organizers will be hanging orange bags up around the town and county. The bags will be tied to either a stop sign or mile marker post.
- Organizers ask that during the week of May 4-10, volunteers take a bag and clean along the road going in the direction of traffic until their bag is full or until they reach the next set of bags, whichever comes first.
- Volunteers may clean as many sections as they want. However, organizers ask that people adhere to extra safety precautions, including: wearing a mask, wearing gloves, and keeping at least 6 feet of distance between non-household/family members (people who live together may clean closer than 6 feet).
- When you are finished, you can leave your bag on the side of the road as usual. The Town of Jackson will pick up all the bags within Town limits, WYDOT will pick up all bags along the highway, and Team Norton will pick up all the bags on County roads. Thank you to WYDOT and the Town Public Works!
- While you’re out cleaning, take a picture and share it with Rotary! Even though we’ll be cleaning apart, we know we’re all in this together as One Jackson Hole! You can send pictures to email@example.com or text them to April Norton at 307-690-7442.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and help spread the word!
2020 Annual Spring Burn Week
The Town of Jackson recognizes the need of our residents to maintain their property and reduce fuels such as dry grass, leaves, twigs, small branches, and clean wood.
Spring Burn Week has been set from Saturday, May 16 through Monday, May 25, 2020.
During Spring Burn Week the citizens of the Town of Jackson are encouraged to act responsibly and at all times, control their burns including only dry grass, leaves, twigs, small branches, and clean wood.
Town residents wishing to conduct a controlled burn must first contact the Jackson Hole Law Enforcement Agency at 733-2331 prior to striking that match. For those who wish to learn more about safety procedures during a control burn please contact Jackson Hole Fire/EMS at (307) 733-4732.