Special Workshop and Regular Town Council Meeting | Monday, August 16
Jackson’s Town Council will meet two times on Monday, August 16. Both meetings will be held virtually via Zoom. Town Council has resumed virtual meetings in response to the recent increase of COVID cases in our community. Details for watching and participating in meetings are listed below.
In a previous news flash it was erroneously indicated that Parks & Rec Director, Steve Ashworth would present about the expansion of the Rec Center and the shift in construction costs since SPET funding for this project was approved by voters in 2019. Mr. Ashworth will not be presenting on this topic.
The Special Workshop will begin at 2:00pm with Department Director updates from the Community Development, Finance, Housing, and Parks & Rec departments. Next, Pathways Coordinator Brian Schilling will continue to lead a discussion about Bike Lane Connectivity with particular focus on linking pathways through Town. After that, Public Works, Director Floren Poliseo and Community Development Director, Tyler Sinclair will present Sewer and Water Policy Consideration regarding water connection requests outside of the Town and existing contracted service areas. Following that, Sinclair will be joined by Building Official Kelly Sluder to present about updates to Title 15 including Building and Construction codes. The full agenda for this meeting can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Attendance and public comment are welcome via Zoom (details below). The meeting will not be held in the Town Council Chambers and the public is encouraged to watch the meeting on the Town of Jackson’s website (www.jacksonwy.gov) or via Zoom.
Following the Workshop, the Town Council will hold its Regular Meeting at 6:00pm starting with announcements, proclamations, and introductions of new Town employees Greg Nelson, Senior Wastewater Treatment Plan Operator and Talon Stephens an IT Network Engineer. Then consent items, including the approval of minutes and disbursements, the purchase of new police vehicles and a loader, a grant application, and a temporary sign permit will be voted on. After that, Town Clerk Lynsey Lenamond will ask Council to consider an application for Liquor Pick Up from Whole Foods. Next, Public Works Director Floren Poliseo will ask Council to approve a Consultant for a Technical Review of the Town’s Wastewater Treatment Plant, which was chosen by a local committee of water experts. Then, START Director Darren Brugmann will ask Council to consider START’s new Advertising Policy. After that, Planner Tyler Valentine will present about a Subdivision Plat for a 5-lots at 984 Budge Drive. Following these planning items, Town Attorney Lea Colasuonno will read Ordinances including updates to Title 1, numerous changes to Housing Rules and Regulations, and a Franchise Agreement with Avant Delivery. Under Matters from Mayor & Council, scheduling a ‘Chat with Council,’ will be discussed as well as Board and Commission Reports. Finally, the Town Manager’s report will be discussed along with anything else Councilors bring up. The full agenda for this meeting can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Attendance and public comment are welcome via Zoom, find details below.
PUBLIC COMMENT & PARTICIPATION
• Public comment on items that are not on the agenda is always taken at the start of Regular Meetings. As a general practice, Council does not respond to or discuss items brought up.
• Community members can always send Public Comment to Town Council by CLICKING HERE or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Community members can participate in the Town Council’s August 16 Workshop at 2:00pm via Zoom by CLICKING HERE and using the password 83001. Anyone can make Public Comment for up to 3 minutes by using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called upon within Zoom.
• Community members can participate in the Town Council’s August 16 Regular Meeting at 6:00pm via Zoom by CLICKING HERE and using the code 83001. Anyone can make Public Comment for up to 3 minutes by using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called upon within Zoom.
• Community members can also tune-in to watch both meetings at the Town on THIS PAGE of the website.