How do I contest a parking ticket?

Contesting Parking Tickets

Prior to appearing in court, individuals seeking to contest a parking ticket may write to the Town Prosecutor by email at or by US Postal Service to:
P.O. Box 1687
Jackson, WY 83001

The letter must have ATTN: Town Prosecutor in the address line. Such letter/email must be submitted to the Town Prosecutor within 14 days of the date of issuance. The following information must be included in the letter/email:

  • Any supporting documentation
  • Citation Number (Going vertically down the side of the ticket-This is NOT the event number)
  • Driver’s License Number
  • Email Address
  • Full Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Phone Number
  • Reason you are seeking the action
  • Vehicle License Plate Number
  • What action you’d like to see taken

Contesting in Court

**Please visit our Municipal Court  page for information on court operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic**

Initial Appearances for Court are held most Wednesdays at 9:00am in the Clifford P. Hansen Courthouse at 145 E. Simpson Ave. You may confirm that court is in session by calling 307-733-3932 (ext. 1165). Bring your citation and your driver’s license with you to court. You will be advised of the court’s procedures, the nature of the charges against you, and your rights at this initial appearance.  You will be given an opportunity to speak with a member of the Prosecutor’s office to discuss the potential for dismissal, bond reduction, or any alternatives to paying the bond amount, such as community service or traffic school.  If you plead not guilty, the matter will be set for trial at a later date.


Pay a Parking Ticket

Show All Answers

1. How do I contest a parking ticket?
2. How do I watch a Town Council or Planning Commission meeting that has already happened?
3. How do I search Town Council Meeting Minutes?
4. How do I switch my water billing?
5. How do I apply for a business license? Do I need a business license?