The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken Monday, December 6, 2021:
JOINT INFORMATION MEETING
Town Council and Teton County Board of County Commissioners
- Council and Commission approved JIM meeting minutes from October 25 and November 1.
- Council and Commission continued the Timing of Next SPET Election item to the January JIM.
Jackson Town Council
- Mayor Morton Levinson read a proclamation recognizing Small Business Saturday.
- The Consent Calendar was approved including November 15 workshop and regular meeting minutes, disbursements, a Rodeo Grounds Management Agreement, a Special Restriction for Workforce Housing at 1070 #6 Elk Run, a Special Restriction for Workforce Housing at Unit 55-1 of the Virginian Condos, an Electric Distribution Easement for 430 & 440 W. Kelly, and a Salt Lake Express Bus Parking Lease.
- Item P21-205: Teton County School District Connection and Use Agreement Amendment Request was approved by Council.
- A Land and Water Conservation Fund Grant Agreement was approved by Council.
- Council excused the absences of Councilman Rooks at regular meetings that occurred during September 2021, and excused the absences of Mayor Morton Levinson at regular meetings from July 19 to August 16.
- Council directed staff to present ordinances and necessary documents to change the appointments of the Design Review Committee and Public Art Task Force to majority of Council appointments.
- Item P21-250: Partial Vacation at 55 Virginian Lane #55-1 was approved.
- Council directed staff to prepare the Land Development Regulation (LDR) Text Amendments and to process them through the typical LDR Text Amendment Procedures.
- Ordinance R, Terra Firma Franchise Agreement, was approved on 3rd reading as presented and designated #1301.
- Ordinance S, amending regular workshop start times, was approved on 2nd reading as presented.
- Ordinances T-A, updating Title 15 Buildings and Construction, were approved on 2nd reading as presented.
- Ordinance B, updating Title 10 Vehicles and Traffic, was approved on 1st reading as presented.
- The Mayor announced that the January 3 JIM and regular meeting have been moved to January 10.
- Council directed staff to bring back the Budget Review at the December 20 regular meeting for further consideration.
- Council directed staff to review the request from Karns Hillside HOA to reduce the speed limit on Rodeo Drive from 25 to 20 mph.
- Council approved a request from the Chamber of Commerce for Snow Globe Santa on Town Square.
- Council directed staff to review and bring back the process for renaming a street or public place in Lance Cpl Rylee McCollum’s name.
- Council directed staff to bring back to Council a presentation of a process to research, analyze and discuss short term rentals, condominiums, townhomes, the Lodging Overlay, and hotel rooms in the commercial zones.
- The Town Manager’s report contained information on the Request for Proposals for the Sale and Removal of Historic Cabins at Karns Meadow.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.