The Jackson Town Council met twice on Monday, October 1. The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken at their Joint Information Meeting with the County Commissioners and Regular Town Council Evening Meeting on Monday, October 1.
JOINT INFORMATION MEETING
Monday, October 1
- The Council and Commission discussed updated standard templates for special housing restrictions that mirror the recently updated Housing Standards and continued action to the November 5 joint meeting.
- The Council and Commission approved a resolution which adopts the 2018 Teton County / Jackson Parks & Recreation Department Strategic Plan as a guiding document.
- The Council and Commission reviewed a proposed draft 3rd Amendment to the START Joint Powers Agreement which clarified the roles and purpose of board members and continued the item to a date uncertain.
TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR EVENING MEETING
Monday, October 1
- Meeting minutes and disbursements were approved.
- Temporary Sign Permits were approved for the Jackson Hole Classical Academy and the Laff Staff Improv Shows.
- The Council approved three Jackson Police Department Towing and Impound Services Agreements with Ron’s Towing, Eagle Auto Services, and Big Bear/Flat Creek Towing. These companies will participate in a call rotation allowing for towing services to be readily available to the JPD.
- An Electric Distribution Easement from the Town of Jackson to Lower Valley Energy was approved in Karns Meadows to serve the Sagebrush Apartments.
- Council approved an agreement with EcoConnect for an environmental assessment for the Karns Meadow Park.
- The Council authorized staff to submit comments on behalf of the Town of Jackson to the Forest Service regarding the Snow King Master Plan.
- A Sketch Plan, Zoning Map Amendment, Conditional Use Permit, and fee waiver for Central Wyoming College at 235 & 255 Veronica Lane was discussed and continued to the next Council meeting when there will be a full Council present.
- Staff was directed to prepare an Encroachment Agreement with the Overdyke Revocable Trust to allow a driveway which encroaches 25’ into a Town right-of-way and a retaining wall which encroaches 6’.
- A Conditional Use Permit was approved for the Teton County Hospital District for a surface parking lot containing 46 spaces at 30 Redmond Street.
- The Council approved a Final Plat for The Grove Phase 3 at 825 West Snow King Avenue.
- The Council approved a Final Plat for a 2-lot split for the Tibbitts Subdivision at the property addressed at 660 W. Broadway Avenue
- Agenda item P18-208 a Master Plan at 10 Snow King Avenue was withdrawn and will come to Council on a date yet to be determined.
- The Council approved travel to three upcoming conferences: Mountain and Resort Town Planners Summit taking place November 28-December 1, 2018; the CAST Meeting in Winter Park October 25-26; and the WAM Fall Workshop in Lander October 31 – November 2.
- The Town Managers report contained an update on employee housing rental units and alley drainage issues.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.