The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken during the Joint Information Meeting with the County Commissioners and during the Regular Evening Meeting on Monday, November 5, 2018:
JOINT INFORMATION MEETING
Monday, November 5, 2018
- A Classification Map of Roads within the Urban Systems Boundary was adopted by the Council and Commission.
- The Council and Commission discussed special housing restriction templates for standard Affordable Ownership, Restated Affordable Ownership, Affordable Rental, Workforce Ownership, Restated Workforce Ownership, and Workforce Rental and continued the item to the December 3 JIM.
- The START Joint Powers Agreement was discussed and a Third Amendment to the agreement was approved which clarified roles and communication.
- The Fire/EMS Joint Powers Agreement was also discussed and a First Amendment to the agreement was approved which clarified roles, better reflects existing conditions, and clarified the Town’s role related to collective bargaining.
- An update was given on the progress of Health in All policies.
REGULAR EVENING MEETING
Monday, November 5, 2018
- New employees Donnie McBath (Transit Dispatch) and Kelly Sluder (Building Official) were introduced.
- Proclamations were read for Extra Mile Day, National Apprenticeship Week, and recognition given to the Jackson Youth Hockey program.
- Wyoming Stargazers requested a letter of support for their application for a National Environmental Education Foundation’s Every Day Capacity Building Grant. Later in the meeting the Council determined they could not support the letter as presented.
- Meeting minutes and disbursements were approved as presented.
- Temporary Sign Permits were approved for JH Moose Hockey, Holiday Bazaar, and the Winter People’s Market.
- A malt beverage permit was approved for the Fireman’s Ball.
- Public Works Bid 19-06 was approved to purchase a van furnished with sewer-camera equipment.
- The Council approved a professional contract with Nelson Engineering for design services for 2 storm water treatment units.
- Additional staffing was approved for START to provide expanded commuter service to Teton Valley.
- The Council approved a lease for 4 buses to replace 4 decommissioned buses at START.
- The contract for the public defender was renewed.
- A Third Amendment to the lease with the Jackson Hole Children’s Museum was approved which extended the lease to March 31, 2019.
- Appointments to the Design Review Committee were made: Brad Hoyt, Michael Stern, Hans Flinch, and Katherine Koriakin for two-year terms ending October 31, 2020.
- Central Wyoming College applications (P18-046, 047, 48, 49) including a Sketch Plan, Zoning Map Amendment, Conditional Use Permit, and a Fee Waiver Request were continued to the November 19th meeting.
- An amendment to the Conditional Use Permit for BrushBuck Tours at 490 S. Highway 89 was approved.
- 3 new ordinances passed first reading: An Ordinance Adding Chapter 8.36 to the Jackson Municipal Code Establishing Disposable Bag Requirements, an Ordinance Adding Chapter 16.50 to the Jackson Municipal Code Establishing an Office of the Housing Ombudsman, and Ordinance R: An Ordinance Repealing Sections of the Jackson Regulations on Sign Code.
- The Town Managers report contained an update on Public Art Installation during the Center Street Water/Sewer Project and the January 2019 CAST meeting.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.