The Jackson Town Council met twice yesterday (Monday, December 17) in public meetings: a 3pm Workshop and a 6pm Regular Town Council Meeting.
The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken at their workshop and regular meeting.
Town Council Workshop
Monday, December 17
• Mayor Muldoon introduced two new employees: Connie Avery as a Community Service Officer and Vikki Howell as a Transit Supervisor.
• The Council approved planning item P18-333 a Development Agreement for Center Street Hotel at 112 Center Street with revisions.
• The Construction Management Plan for 112 Center Street Hotel Project was continued after lengthy discussion and at the applicant’s request to the next available meeting.
• Item P17-147: Golf & Tennis Master Plan was not heard and was continued to the January 7, 2019 regular council meeting.
Town Council Evening Meeting
Monday, December 17
• Two new restaurant liquor licenses were approved for The Phoenix and The Dragon at 145 North Glenwood and Everest Momo Shack at 245 West Pearl.
• The Elk’s Club Bingo/Gaming License was renewed for 2019.
• Meeting minutes and disbursements were approved and the November Municipal Court Report was placed into the record.
• The Council approved the connection of Lot 1, Linn Subdivision, 2620 N. Lily Lake Drive to the Wilson Sewer District.
• The Council approved the hiring of a sworn Police Officer position in the Police Department and a full time Supervisor in the Transit Department.
• Three bids were approved to purchase vehicles and equipment: Bid 19-05 for an All-Electric Sedan for Public Works Sewer Division, Bid 19-09 for a Roll-Off Water Tanker for Public Works Street Division, and Bid 19-10 for a Half-Ton 4x4 PickUp for Public Works Water Division.
• A Temporary Sign Permit was approved for the National Elk Refuge and one was denied for Teton Sports & Spine Imaging.
• The Council approved a Lease Agreement for three Gillig 40-foot vehicles for the Winter Season 2018-19 and for duration of four months.
• A Skijoring special event was approved for January 12 and 13.
• Item P18-286: Subdivision Plat for One Town Hill at 680 S. Cache Street was approved.
• Item P18-298: Subdivision Plat for 115 East Pearl was approved.
• Item P18-136, -330: Development Agreement Amendment and Development Plan Amendment for Westview Townhomes at 1255 W. Highway 22 was approved.
• The Council continued item P18-314: LDR Clean-Up to the January 7th regular meeting.
• The CWC items were continued to a date uncertain. Item P18-047, -048, -049: Sketch Plan, Zoning Map Amendment, & Conditional Use Permit for Central Wyoming College (CWC) at 235 & 255 Veronica Lane and Item P18-046: Fee Waiver Request for Central Wyoming College for 235 & 255 Veronica Lane.
• The Council approved Resolution 18-19 setting Three Creek Ranch Utility Rates for 2019.
• The Council did not take action on Ordinance P for third reading, but continued it to their regular meeting on January 7. The Ordinance Adds Chapter 8.36 to the Jackson Municipal Code Establishing Disposable Bag Requirements.
• The Council approved Ordinance S: An Ordinance Amending and Reenacting Section 1 of Town Ordinance 1074 (part) and Division 4.4 Planned Unit Development Zones to Add Section 4.4.2.h.7 of the Town LDRs, for a Neighborhood Medium Density-2 Zone (Glenwood project P17-201) at first reading.
• The Council approved Ordinance T: An Ordinance Amending and Reenacting Section 2 of Town Ordinance 1074 (part) and the Town’s Official Zoning District Map to Change the Current Zoning of Land Addressed at 640 & 650 S. Glenwood Street to Planned Unit Development – Neighborhood Medium Density-2 (P17-201) at first reading.
• The Council appointed a special committee comprised of Pete Muldoon, Hailey Morton Levinson and Jim Stanford for the purpose of approving the minutes at the next regular meeting due to a change in the makeup of the Town Council.
• The Town Managers report contained an update on the sales and lodging tax and an update on the Town’s Leadership and Culture Development.