At last night's Town Council meeting three Jackson Police Officers received merits of commendation.
Kevin Jones and CJ Proctor were presented with a Life Saving Award and Proclamation.
Garrett Kellams was presented with a Medal of Bravery and Proclamation.
The Medal of Merit is one of the highest commendations bestowed upon a Jackson Police Officer by the Chief of Police and is awarded when an act of outstanding performance or service requiring extreme tenacity of purpose and devotion to duty occurs.
The Medal of Bravery is an extraordinary commendation bestowed upon a Jackson Police Officer by the Chief of Police and is awarded when an act extraordinary bravery occurs.
Watch the award presentations online at http://www.townofjackson.com/290/Watch-a-Meeting-Online Click on the August 5 Regular Council Meeting.
In addition to these officers, the Town Council Chambers were filled with veterans and members of the American Legion discussing the memorial on the Town Square.
The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken yesterday at their joint meeting with the County and the regular Council meeting.
TOWN COUNCIL & COUNTY COMMISSIONER MEETING
Monday, August 5, 2019
County Commissioners Chambers
Chair: Natalia Macker
• The Council approved the annual update to the Affordable Workforce Housing Fee in Lieu and the County continued it for further discussion.
• The Council and Commission considered the START Board recommendation which established a funding contribution formula policy for START service to Teton Village and continued this to the September JIM.
• A joint letter to the Travel and Tourism Board was not heard, but continued to the September JIM.
JACKSON TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR EVENING MEETING
Monday, August 5, 2019
Town Council Chambers
• Vern Lewis was introduced by the Mayor as our transit operator.
• Three Police Officers received merits of commendation. Kevin Jones and CJ Proctor were presented with a Life Saving Award and Proclamation. Garrett Kellams was presented with a Medal of Bravery and Proclamation. Watch the award presentations online at http://www.townofjackson.com/290/Watch-a-Meeting-Online Click on the August 5 Regular Council Meeting.
• The Council approved meeting minutes and disbursements as presented.
• Temporary sign permits were approved for the Teton Powwow, Wild West Skateboard Contest, Fireman’s Ball, and the Wyoming Snow and Avalanche Workshop.
• Special events were approved for an additional date in the JacksonHoleLive concert series, Dancers Workshop “Let’s make a parade”, and Firefighters Ride 4 R.I.S.E event.
• An Encroachment Agreement was approved for 112 Center Street Canopy.
• An Agreement with the School District to construct bus shelters was approved.
• The Council approved a request from the American Legion to update/replace the monument in Town Square.
• The Council approved a 90-day stay on the demolition permit at 230 East Pearl Avenue.
• Water and Sewer Connection and Use Agreements for JH Classical Academy were approved at 2500 South Park Loop.
• Three ordinances were approved at first reading: Ordinance G, H, and I Amending and Reenacting the Town of Jackson Official Zoning Map to change zoning at 135 E Broadway, 175 E Broadway Avenue, and 105 E Broadway Avenue to Downtown Core.
• The Town Managers report contained an update on the CAST meeting and Joint Revenue Committee schedule.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.