Town Council Action Items - July 20, 2020
The Jackson Town Council met for 2 meetings on Monday, July 20, 2020: a special Town Council workshop at 2pm and a regular Town Council evening meeting at 6pm.
The following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions in these meetings.
TOWN COUNCIL - SPECIAL WORKSHOP
• The Council received an update on the Water and Sewer Capacity Study.
• The construction of Fire Station One was discussed and funding allocated for change orders.
• The Council provided direction to staff regarding the comprehensive plan, northern South Park neighborhood plan, and authority of connecting to the town’s infrastructure.
TOWN COUNCIL - REGULAR EVENING MEETING
• The Council approved meeting minutes, disbursements, and placed the June Municipal Court report into the record.
• A malt beverage permit was approved for the 4H Livestock Sale and the September 4 rodeo date was reinstated.
• A contract with Wyoming Public Health was approved to conduct covid-19 testing on wastewater.
• The Council approved a contract with Nelson Engineering for Scott Lane-Maple Way Bike/Pedestrian/ADA Improvements.
• A 15-minute parking stall was approved on the east side of Center Street, between Deloney and Gill Avenue.
• A Resolution Authorizing a SLIB Grant Application for Coronavirus Relief for Town of Jackson was approved.
• The Council approved planning item P20‐009 & 010, a Development Plan and Hillside Conditional Use Permit for Bluffs Development at 984 Budge Drive.
• Planning item P20‐062, a Development Plan at 505 E. Simpson Avenue was approved.
• The Council continued Snow King items-Conditional Use Permit for Snow King Gondola, Zip Line, and Snow Making Pump House and Lease Agreements to a special meeting to be determined.
• Item P20‐045 &‐046: Development Plan and Planned Unit Development at 625 Powderhorn Lane for Employee Housing was continued to August 3.
• 4 ordinances were approved at first reading: Ordinance T, An Ordinance Granting AT&T a Franchise; Ordinance U and V, Ordinances Adding Community Development Director Duties to Jackson Land Development Regulations Section 4 and 8, and Ordinance W An Ordinance Prohibiting the Sale of Flavored Tobacco Products.
• The Town Manager’s Report contained an update on July Sales and Lodging Tax, Temporary Chamber of Commerce Information in Home Ranch Welcome Center, Downtown Trash, and setting a special meeting for the Town Square and Historic Preservation LDR Update.
These meetings were recorded and have been archived on the town of Jackson’s website: