SUMMARY OF TOWN COUNCIL ACTIONS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2020
On Monday, November 16, the Jackson Town Council held two meetings - a Regular Workshop (3pm) and a Regular Evening Meeting (6pm). For your information, the following is an overview of the Town Council’s actions taken during these meetings.
TOWN COUNCIL WORKSHOP
NOVEMBER 16, 2020
- The Council received an update on the Town’s water, sewer, and capacity rate structure and proposed fee changes and staff was directed to bring back an ordinance for first reading on December 7th.
- The Council received a year-to-date update on revenues and expenditures, discussed priority driven budget, frozen positions, and future funding of local government. Staff was directed to bring back information for consideration on funding options.
TOWN COUNCIL EVENING MEETING
NOVEMBER 16, 2020
- The Council approved meeting minutes and disbursements as presented, and the October Municipal Court Report was placed into the record.
- Special Events for Winter Wonderland and the Pedigree Dog Sled Race were considered and continued to the December 7 Council meeting for further consideration related to health guidelines in place.
- An Utility Easement with Lower Valley Energy was approved at 400 W Snow King, P20-190.
- Staff was directed to bring back an ordinance for winter parking restrictions for Level 4 in the Parking Garage.
- An easement for a pedestrian corridor was approved which will connect Karns Meadow Drive to Lower Valley’s northwest property corner was approved.
- A Subdivision Plat at 170 Redmond Street was approved, P20-179. P20‐171, an amendment to LDR Section 6.3.3 Amount of Affordable Workforce Housing Required (Housing Mitigation) was approved to move forward.
- The Council approved resolution #20-25, authorizing submission of a coronavirus relief grant with the Office of State Lands and Investments.
- Ordinance I and J amending the Municipal Code and LDRs regarding the Planning Commission were approved at second reading.
- Ordinance K, amending the Municipal Code for winter parking restrictions on level 4 of the parking garages was approved at first reading.
- Ordinance L, amending Jackson Land Development Regulations Section 6.3.3 Amount of Affordable Workforce Housing Required (Mitigation Rates) was approved at first reading.
- Ordinances M to T were approved at first reading which updated the LDRs and Municipal Code for the Historic Preservation Program and development and standards in the Downtown Core, Urban Commercial and Town Square zones.
- Wendy Martinez was appointed to the Planning Commission to fill a vacancy left by resigning member, David Vandenburg.
- The Council approved sending a letter to the Forest Service voicing objections to the Snow King Environmental Impact Statement.
- The Council directed staff to draft and submit a letter to Teton County regarding their consideration of a sketch plan proposal in Northern South Park.
- The Council directed staff to bring back a discussion on the character of East Jackson.
- The Town Managers Report contained an update on the START Dispatch Supervisor position and the November Sales and Lodging Tax.
Complete and detailed information regarding these items is available online at www.townofjackson.com under the Agendas & Meeting button.