START Bus 2020-2021 Winter Service will begin on Saturday November 28th, 2020. There will be route and schedule changes that reflect working towards the 2020-2025 Route Plan while continuing to operate at reduced levels of service in response to COVID-19.
Town Shuttles 1 and 2, Route 20, Route 22, Route 24 and Route 26 are being replaced by the Town Shuttle, Circulator, South Jackson, Teton Village Local and Teton Village Express. Teton Valley and Star Valley commuter service will remain unchanged. To view the new service schedules and routes beginning on November 28th please visit https://www.jacksonwy.gov/404/Schedules.
- Passengers are expected to comply with the Teton County Public Health Order #20-6 when waiting for transportation to arrive, waiting in line to board and while on the vehicle.
- Passengers are expected not to eat or drink during their ride and adhere to the mask policy.
- Wear your best mask. This is an enclosed and potentially densely crowded setting.
- CDC recommends wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth with two or more layers. Disposable medical grade masks or respirators likely provide more protection than reusable cotton masks, which in turn are likely better than synthetic/nylon masks.
- Buffs or gaiters are not recommended to be used in place of a mask, particularly if they are otherwise intended to be worn for outdoor activities and may become wet from your breath or from snow. Bring a separate mask, and keep it in a pocket, dry and safe for use indoors or while in transit.
- Stay home when sick, even with mild symptoms.
- Avoid public transportation if high risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Cover coughs or sneezes by using elbow or sleeve, not hand.
- Avoid touching your face while riding, and limit contact with surfaces within vehicle.
- If you anticipate that you may be standing during the ride, consider bringing your own hand strap (i.e. a loop of nylon webbing or “runner”) to minimize contact with other frequently touched surfaces.
- Make it a quiet ride: minimize talking, singing or other verbal activity to the extent possible while on transportation.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the vehicle. Wash hands when you arrive at your destination.
START Bus is working closely with local health organizations and continuing to take proactive measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures include, but are not limited to, frequent cleaning schedules for buses, requiring all START Bus Operators and riders to wear a dry, 2-ply face covering per Teton County Public Health Order #20-6, having hand sanitizer and face coverings available on each bus for public use, restricting the number of people allowed on the bus to 75% of the seated capacity and opening windows when practicable.
Please do not ride START Bus if you will not wear a face covering or if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
START Bus encourages you to consider supporting the reduction of traffic throughout the fall season - ride the bus, walk, ride START Bike, or utilize a rideshare program. Please check www.startbus.com for details on all of these fall routes, schedules and fees or contact START Bus directly at (307) 733-4521.