Town Council Workshop & Regular Meeting
Monday, March 15
On March 15 at 3:00pm Town Council’s regularly scheduled workshop will take place and will start with brief (3-5 minute) updates from various departments, a new addition to Council meetings. These updates will begin with highlights from the Legal, Personnel, Police, and START Bus departments. After that, Town Manager, Larry Pardee will check-in with Council about the budget. Then Town Clerk, Sandy Birdyshaw will present about the application process for retail/bar & grill liquor licenses. The final item on this meeting’s agenda will be Community Development Director Tyler Sinclair leading a discussion about the changing residential character of East Jackson.
Public comment will be taken on the budget, liquor license and E. Jackson items via Zoom or in the Council Chambers (details below).
Town Council’s regularly scheduled evening meeting next Monday, March 15 at 6:00pm will start with Town Clerk Sandy Birdyshaw presenting about a Restaurant Liquor License Application from Pizzeria Caldera. Then, Public Information Officer, Carl Pelletier, will present a special event application from Octane Addictions, a freestyle snowmobile show. Events at the Fairground do not typically come before Town Council, but Police Chief Michelle Weber requested the applicant have police officers present and that Council consider it. Town Attorney, Lea Colasuonno, will then present updates to Title V in the Municipal Code affecting business licenses and general business regulations-, short and long-term rentals, ground transportation and a new chapter for artistic performances, busking, or street performing to mention a few key sections. Next, Senior Planner, Tyler Valentine, will present about a subdivision plat for Westview Townhomes. Finally, Town Engineer Brian Lenz, will present an encroachment agreement for shoring and a construction management plan for the construction of Hotel Jackson Phase 2, which will have impacts to North Cache Street this summer.
Public comment will be taken on all the above items at the Regular Meeting via Zoom or in the Council Chambers (details below).
Under ‘Matters from Mayor and Council,’ Town Council will consider liaison assignments to other boards and updates about the State Legislative session.
PUBLIC COMMENT & PARTICIPATION
- Public comment on items that are not on the agenda is always take at the start of Regular Meetings. As a general practice, Council will not discuss or debate these items.
- Community members can always send Public Comment to Town Council by CLICKING HERE or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community members can attend Town Council’s Workshop March 15 at 3:00pm via Zoom by CLICKING HERE, and can make Public Comment for up to 3 minutes by using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called upon.
- Community members can attend Town Council’s March 15 Regular Meeting at 6:00pm via Zoom by CLICKING HERE, and can make Public Comment for up to 3 minutes by using the “Raise Hand” feature to be called upon.
- Community members can attend the Workshop or Regular Meeting to watch it on-screen in Town Council’s chambers at Town Hall and will be required to wear masks.
- Community members can also tune-in to watch both meetings on THIS PAGE of the Town’s website.