- Planning & Building
- Interpretations / Zoning Compliance Verification
- Zoning Compliance Verification
Zoning Compliance Verification
The purpose of a zoning compliance verification (ZCV) is to determine in writing if all or a portion of a property is in compliance with these land development regulations (LDRs) at a specific point in time.
When Is This Required?
A zoning compliance verification may be requested for any property, portion of a property, or attribute of a property’s physical development, use, development options, or subdivision.
Examples of zoning compliance verification requests include, but are not limited to: a determination of the current development potential on a site, identification of any apparent nonconformities on a site, review of a wetland delineation or Environmental Analysis exemption prior to application submission, and visual resource analysis that informs application submission but is not dependent upon application information for review.
- How Long: Up to 45 days after application deemed sufficient
- Who Decides:
- Final Decision: Planning Director
- When inquiring about existing physical development and its relation to the LDRs, providing current surveys, site plans and development data is encouraged to assist staff in responding as thorough as possible.
- If the ZCV you are applying for is related to a Boundary Adjustment, know that the ZCV serves as a compliance review against the zoning standards for that specific zone. Staff is reviewing compliance with minimum lot size, vehicular access, lot shape, and lot configuration.
- The Notarized Letter of Authorization is needed when the Applicant is not the the owner of the property.
How to Apply
Please submit an application packet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following (paper applications are not accepted):
- Application Fee: To pay the fee via credit card (visa, master card, discover) call 307-733-0440 X 1304
- Application Form (PDF)
- Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Narrative: Specifically state the information needed in the report, the more specific the narrative is the more specific the report will be
- Other Pertinent Information
Zoning compliance verification fees are $601.