The purpose of a sketch plan is to publicly review a large development for general consistency with these land development regulations (LDRs) at a preliminary, conceptual level of detail before the development is fully designed and prior to submission of a development plan.
When Is This Required?
A sketch plan is required for physical development that exceeds the thresholds for project size or number of units specified in each zone district.
- How Long: Up to 150 days after application deemed sufficient
- Who Decides:
- Recommendation: Planning Commission
- Final Decision: Town Council
- Your project will be reviewed by several departments in addition to Planning, so when drafting your project description/narrative please provide as much detail pertaining to existing site conditions (i.e. lot size, existing development, etc.) and proposed physical changes (i.e. scale of development, setbacks, parking, and affordable housing). In addition, you will be tasked with detailing how the proposed project is consistent with numerous physical development standards found within the zoning district for which the project is located.
- Affordable Housing Mitigation Calculator
- Housing Mitigation Plan Check List (PDF)
- When submitting plans (i.e. site plans, floor plans and elevations), be sure that all plans are dimensioned and to-scale.
- The Notarized Letter of Authorization is needed when the Applicant is not the the owner of the property.
How to Apply
A pre-application conference and a neighborhood meeting (PDF) is required prior to submittal of a sketch plan. An environmental analysis may be required. An application must be submitted within 1 year of pre-application conference.
Please submit an application packet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following (paper applications are not accepted):
- Application Fee: To pay the fee via credit card (visa, master card, discover) call 307-733-0440 X 1304
- Application Form (PDF)
- Items Identified in Pre-Application Conference Summary Checklist
- Notarized Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Housing Mitigation Plan
- Provide response to findings for Sketch Plan – 8.3.1 C
- Other Pertinent Information
Sketch plan fees are $3,198.