Where to Park
- Public Streets (Excluding Downtown): Up to 72 hours at a time during summer months. No overnight parking during winter months
- Downtown Streets: Up to 3 hours at a time year round
- Public Parking Garage: Up to 48 hours at a time year round. No overnight parking on the top level during winter months. Please note that the maximum clearance height of the Parking Garage is 7 feet.
- Other Public Parking Lots: No specific time limits, but no overnight parking, enforced year round
- It is free to park along most public streets within the town of Jackson for up to 72 hours at a time during summer months, though in certain areas time-restrictions do apply.
- Overnight parking on the streets is not allowed during winter months.
- Please be mindful of parking restrictions as these are strictly enforced.
- Additionally, Jackson has several conveniently located free public parking areas.
- Whenever parked, please take care not to idle your vehicle.
Free Public Parking Lots
Public Parking Garage
A public parking garage is located at the intersection of Millward Street and Simpson Avenue, just a few blocks from the Town Square. Parking is allowed here for up to 48 hours at a time, except Level 4 (the top level) from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. from November 1 to April 15. The free Parking Garage is home to a free Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station and also houses the Vertical Harvest greenhouse program.
Home Ranch Welcome Center
Home Ranch Welcome Center is located at the intersection of Cache Street and Gill Avenue, two blocks north of the Town Square. Home Ranch also has a free EV charging station. Parking is not allowed here between the hours of 2 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Deloney Public Restroom & Bus Shelter
Deloney Public Restroom & Bus Shelter is located at the intersection of Willow Street and Deloney Avenue, one block east of the Town Square. There is a free EV charging station available here as well. Parking is not allowed here between the hours of 2 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Miller Park Parking Lot & Public Restroom
Miller Park Parking Lot and Public Restroom is located at the intersection of Jackson Street and Deloney Avenue, and Millward Street and Deloney Avenue. This is two blocks west of the Town Square. Public restrooms are located across Deloney Avenue in a building adjacent to the 4-H building on the corner of Jackson Street and Deloney Avenue. Parking is not allowed between the hours of 2 a.m. to 7 a.m.
- Please be aware that there is an overnight parking ban in effect between the dates of November 1st through April 15th every year. Please do not leave your car parked in public lots, on public streets, or in alleyways between the hours of 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. during these months to allow for snow plowing. If you must park overnight, plan ahead and leave your car in the parking garage. During the rest of the year you may leave your car parked on public streets for up to 72 hours at a time.
- It is illegal to park on any street for the purpose of posting a vehicle for sale.
Downtown Parking Map
The following map delineates the Jackson downtown area. The area outlined in purple has three important parking rules:
- No RVs may be parked on the street in this zone
- No vehicles towing trailers may be parked on the street in this zone
- Within this zone no vehicle may be parked for more than three (3) hours