- About Jackson
- Getting Around
- Pathways Master Plan
- Teton County Pathways Map
- Town of Jackson Pathways Map
- Winter Grooming Map
Pathways Master Plan
Approved by the Jackson Town Council and Teton County Board of County Commissioners in June 2007, the Pathways Master Plan outlines system needs and recommendations for management of the Jackson/Teton County Pathways System. The plan discusses policy elements including program structure and administration, operations, programming, system maintenance, and design guidelines and specifications. A 5-year strategic plan, with capital project priorities and implementation measures is also included:
- County Vision Map
- Executive Summary
- Pathways Master Plan
- Town Vision Map
Goals of Jackson Hole Community Pathways
- Improve facilities systematically by completing the Pathways Improvement Program list of on-road and off-road improvements for:
- Horseback riding
- Nordic skiing
- Increase use by doubling the percentage of transportation trips made by bicycling, walking and other non-motorized modes by 2015.
- Enhance safety by decreasing the number of bicycle and pedestrian accidents and multi-user trail conflicts by 10%.
Broad Program Objectives
Meet Needs of All Levels of Bicyclists
Create a comprehensive network of on-road and off-road facilities that connects neighborhoods and provides safe, convenient access to schools, employment centers, and other destinations, that are integrated with the roadway and transit systems.
Meet needs of pedestrians & persons with disabilities
Make all streets and intersections "pedestrian-friendly" and accessible.
Meet Needs of Equestrians
Create a network of trails and trail access points that connects horse friendly areas of the county with public lands and provides safe, convenient access to major equestrian destinations.
Meet Needs of Nordic Skiers
Create a network of winter nordic trails and trail access points that provides close to home nordic skiing opportunities on public and private lands.
Increase Safety Through Promoting Education & Enforcement
Play a constructive role in facilitating the creation of education programs by providing teacher training, curriculum materials, and other support services. Play a constructive role in facilitating enforcement programs with law enforcement officials, the public, and decision makers.
Encourage and Promote Bicycling & Walking
- Shift 10% of transportation trips to bicycle and walking modes by 2015.
- Conduct a promotion campaign for bicycling and walking transportation trips.