The mission of the unit is to provide professional investigative services to all customers, both residents and visitors alike, with an emphasis on solving crime in a prioritized, timely, and fiscally responsible manner; employing all means necessary that are supported by our profession. This is not to suggest that all crimes can or will be solved, but that an honest effort will be made to do so whenever possible given the totality of the circumstances.
If you have questions about the status of a case in which you were involved, please feel free to call our unit Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 307-733-1430. Calls received on the weekends will not be returned until the following business day. You may also email Corporal Andazola questions that you have.
The Investigative Unit of the Jackson Police Department is supervised by Corporal Andazola, who has been serving as a Wyoming Peace Officer since 1997 and as a Jackson police officer since 2015.
The unit is charged with the responsibility of:
- Background investigations for ground transportation permits
- Crime prevention details
- Follow-up on criminal cases
- Internal-affairs investigations
- Maintaining evidence and property associated with criminal cases
- Pre-employment background investigations
- Processing of major crime scenes
- Release of found property to the public
- Wyoming State Crime Laboratory evidence submittal